Training Service Portable Cloud Datacenter
A marketing training company offers seminars for more than 500 attendees in diverse locations around the globe. Attendees bring their laptops and create their own websites on a development system hosted in ENKI's PrimaCloud, and they go live immediately. The seminars had been offered in the U.S. only, and the company had encountered difficulties with their venues having adequate, reliable internet bandwidth to handle the sudden spikes in traffic when everyone in the class pressed "submit" at once. In addition, future seminars were planned for Singapore, London, Sydney and other remote locations where access to the cloud was not assured, latencies could be too high for interactive class work, and local cloud services might not be available. ENKI's solution was to build and operate a miniaturized half-rack version of PrimaCloud in a portable case.
Challenge #1Inadequate bandwidth to conduct large seminars in remote venues
PrimaCloud Portable Managed private cloud is shipped to the event venue and eliminates the need for high speed internet access and susceptibility to transmission latency. Lower-speed synchronization of application data to ENKI cloud occurs during class activities without slowing them down. If the internet fails, the class can proceed.
Website development system in-session performance is always uniformly high while retaining live deployment of students' work
Challenge #2Shipping a datacenter risks damage and downtime, as well as being expensive, connecting to one is unreliable.
Ruggedized and reduced-size version of PrimaCloud reference hardware, with SSD SAN and full redundancy including uniterruptible power supply.
The portable datacenter operates reliability at remote locations and eliminates communications risk.
Challenge #3Seminar company has limited technical staff to ensure that Portable Private Cloud operates correctly.
PrimaCare Outsourced Operations Services manage their virtual data center 24x7 - they just let ENKI know when they need coverage.
Avoided hiring a technical team to manage their cloud deployments
PrimaCloud and PrimaSys Services Used
- 72 GB RAM, 8 Cores, 1.2TB storage in PrimaCloud
- Portable Datacenter with 3 Dell R-Series servers with 16 cores, 48GB RAM, Equallogic Storage Array 20TB with full redundancy
- Gold PrimaCare 24x7 services on Cloud and Portable Cloud Datacenter
- Custom ENK-developed database and file synchronization between portable and cloud datacenters.
- Ability to deliver seminars anywhere in the world reliably.
- Freedom from internet and power problems at remote sites
- Excellent performance due to local compute with all the persistent data and shareable data benefits of cloud deployment.
- Ruggedized PDC performed reliably over two years of remote seminar presenations.
- Ability to use a highly technical solution to presenting seminars reliably anywhere in the world, without the requirement for technical staff on client payroll and on seminar travel.